So. Today I was in the Wilk trying to do homework in between classes (cause I'm awesome at using my time wisely. Just ask my Pinterest boards). The internet wasn't working, so I decided to leave my computer on a table (hey, it's BYU. No one steals) and get ice cream for myself and one of the coolest people I know. (If I knew how to insert links, I would say something like "Check out her blog HERE." But I don't. So I won't. Sorry.)
After a wonderful chat and wonderful ice cream, I decided I needed to go class (cause I'm awesome at being on time for things. Just ask my alarm that I never get up for). I walked back to my table to get my things, and I noticed that there was a new addition to the table: a young man with red hair and glasses who was just sitting. JUST SITTING. And staring ahead. At absolutely nothing. But, you know, I myself am slightly insane (I like cats, after all), so I figured I could handle anything this crazy guy threw at me.
Man. I was wrong.
I sat down to shut down my computer, and he turned to me and said, "Is this your computer?" No. I'm stealing it. This is BYU. It's what we do. "Yeah, it is." "Did you buy it?" ...No. I stole it. "Well, my grandma bought it for me." "Oh, so you didn't win it?" "...No." "Oh. I was hoping I would have the chance to run into another one of the 300 winners of the HP contest." ...Sorry to disappoint? "I have the same computer, and I won it." So I had to talk with this random kid about how he won the computer from HP by making a video. Cool story, I guess, but he was trying to hit on me. I flashed my gorgeous gorgeous ring at him several times (by the way, guys, if girls are finding extra excuses to wave their left hand or touch their face or brush back their hair, maybe you should check for a ring), but he still wasn't taking the hint. He told me all about how he's a freshman (how attractive) and flashing his smile with his braces (no thanks), and I eventually told him that I was going to be late for class and had to go. He looked really sad when I got up to leave, but then he got up and started following me. What. The. Heck. I managed to shake him, but still. What an odd duck.
Boys, if you want a girlfriend, take my advice:
1) Don't hit on an engaged girl.
2) Remember that just because you have the same computer, that doesn't necessarily mean that you are soul mates.
3) Don't be creepy.
1. HE WOULD BE A GINGER!
ReplyDelete2. i love this post
3. i love YOU! and i am so glad i got to see you!!! ... and the ice cream didn't disappoint either :)