I realized that this blog so far has basically been about Carter and me. That's great and all, but he's kinda gone now, so I'm going to have to change my topic.
In attempt to cheer myself up about my lover being gone, I'm going to dedicate today to things I love (besides him, of course):
-kittens
-music
-roommates
-friends
-kittens
-making people laugh
-Spring!!!
-dreams
-road trips
That's enough for now. Starting out with kittens: aren't they great? So soft and fuzzy. Here is a song that I wrote (kidding) (or maybe "kitty-ing") in honor of cats:
"Soft kitty, warm kitty,
Little ball of fur;
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr."
Now for music. I have, for the past ten minutes, been singing an original song (for reals this time) called "I Have No Friends." It goes like this:
"I have no friends,
I have no friends,
I have no friends,
I have no friends."
You can't really get the feel for it here. But my roommates love it and think it's divine.
Seriously, though. I love music and all that it entails. And I love writing it and playing it and loving it. All people say they love music, which I think is true. But I think I might love it on a deeper level (yeah, I'm a bit elitist. Get over it, you small person).
And my roommates. Oh my gosh, my roommates. Not only do they put up with me on a regular basis, but they do a REALLY good job of pretending to love me back. We have special roommate moments all the time. Like just now I got Alisse to join me a heart-wrenching rending of "I Have No Friends." It practically made us cry. But really, they do so much for me. They always have my back and they always try to make me happy. They're there for me when I need them most. Like last night. I was just sitting there silently crying so no one would know, but Alisse somehow knew, and she came and cried with me. They share in my pains and my joys. They're definitely not fair-weather friends as all, but as we discussed today, they're all "permanent" friends. (As opposed to friends I just have flings with.)
Kittens. Sigh. How awesome are they? So fuzzy. And the way that they mew and melt your heart.
Making people laugh is sometimes better than laughing yourself. I've never thought I was funny; I mean, all my life, I've lived with my brother, who is the funny one in the family. As soon as I moved out, my roommate was Ashley Barnes, and no one--I repeat, NO ONE--can compete with her for funniness. But this year I've realized that I can make people laugh. I swear that Alyssa is laughing at me all the time. Maybe it's just to make me feel good, or maybe it's more of a I'm-laughing-AT-you-and-not-with-you thing, but I don't really care. At least she's laughing.
Oh, Spring. I need to write you a song. You're obviously the best of all the seasons. If you were a person, I wouldn't want to marry you because I've always imagined you being more of a girl, and I'm not les...but I would envy you. You with all of your life and color and warmth and coolness and flowers and perfection. There is the most beautiful blossoming tree outside our balcony, and I took about fifty million pictures of it today. That way I'll have something beautiful to look at next February when the snow has gotten all slushy and there isn't a mirror around.
Not to brag or anything, but I have the coolest dreams ever. Hands down. Carter is always jealous of them and says that we should make movies out of them. Here are testimonials of my dreams from my roommates: "Plot-heavy." "Epic." "Organized." "Two thumbs up!" "Freaking awesome." "Best dreams ever." "Dom Cob would be jealous." Basically, yeah.
Road trips. Honestly, I don't often go on road trips, so I can't say that I adore them, but I'm trying to plan one for next weekend or sometime soon with some of my best friends. I'm so excited, and I really hope that it happens...I just have to propose the idea to my mom (since I'll be moving back home next week). Wish me luck. Lots of it.
um, i just bought a season of the big bang theory, where that song comes from. However, I don't think it's the season that that song comes from, but I don't know yet...we'll see. haha.
ReplyDeleteThis makes me smile :) And miss you lots and lots and lots! Louie misses you too! [mew-mew from Louie]
ReplyDelete