So. Those of you who know me have to be somewhat familiar with my love life. I mean, face it. It's just about the only interesting thing about me.
And chances are if you know anything about my dating (this post so far reminds me of If You Give A Mouse A Cookie), you'll have heard about Jerkface Corey. We don't need to know TOO much about this: just that we dated last summer and it was the most unique relationship I've ever had. It wasn't so much a relationship as a competition: we were trying to get the other to fall for us before we fell for them. Kind of. In short, he was a jerk, and things didn't go great.
So imagine my surprise when we were put into the same YSA ward this summer! It was quite...exciting, to say the least, when I saw him there. I wasn't quite sure how things would go between us, but this last Sunday, he sat next to me in Sunday School and then in Sacrament Meeting. I honestly wasn't sure how I felt about this. Our relationship kind of consists of throwing witticisms back and forth at each other (often barbed ones), and while I've always thought he was some sort of friend, I never actually thought he cared. We always seem to be holding each other at arm's length and never actually letting the other in. He invited me for a motorcycle ride up in the mountains Sunday evening (again, if you know me, you know I could never turn one of those down), and we had a lovely lovely time. It was refreshing to spend time with a guy who I knew I could talk to, but one who didn't want to pursue anything with me.
So of course I ended up hanging out with him again last night. And then after one too many barbed witticisms being thrown at me, and after missing Carter so badly, and after feeling guilty about spending time with someone who Carter REALLY didn't like, I just burst into tears. I couldn't have thought of a person I would rather not cry in front of, because I spend so much time being tough and strong in front of him and putting up walls and acting like nothing he says ever phases me. But now I can't think of a person I would rather cry in front of, because he just held me and wiped away my tears and talked to me and made me feel so much better...and he never made me feel foolish or weak.
And now I know he cares.
The title of this post comes from a bet I made with my brother. He bet me that I would get back with Corey, but I got to choose the amount, which apparently would reveal my level of confidence that we wouldn't get back together. As soon as Steve heard that I was willing to bet $100 on this, he wanted to back out. Coward. I'm holding him to it. Let's just hope that Corey doesn't show so much sweetness that I just can't resist...
Haha no worries. I'm not getting back with him. I'm 100$ sure of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment